Monday, October 10, 2016

***Spotlight*** Courting The Phoenix By Cree Storm & Maggie Walsh


                        Courting The Phoenix
                            Eternal Flame 3
                By Cree Storm & Maggie Walsh




                                Blurb

Gavin Ryder, an owl shifter, is not only an ADA for the human justice system, he is also the head counsel for The Paranormal Council. He is called in to prosecute Avery Madison and his father Carver Jinx for crimes against the paranormals of Crystal, Colorado. Although Ryder is used to threats in his line of work, he never thought that his life would be endangered twice in under forty-eight hours. First, someone tries to actually kill him by forcing him off a mountain road, second, by placing a bomb in his car. Thank the Gods for Detective Paul Malone, his mate.

Paul is a phoenix shifter who has worked as a detective for Crystal for many years, but he is not used to working with others besides his long-time friend Angelo. So when his Captain informs him that the prosecuting attorney will be joining him to uncover more evidence in both Avery and Jinx’s cases, Pauly is not too thrilled.

While taking a flight in his phoenix form to let his beast out, Pauly watches in horror as a truck tries to force a small car off the road and over a cliff. Pauly dives down to see what he can do to help, where he witnesses the driver shift into an owl. Pauly quickly jumps in to rescue the shifter and is not only shocked, but happy to find that the man is his mate. But someone is out to kill Ryder.

The two must work together to save Ryder, and find the evidence needed to put Avery and Jinx away for a long time. But what they don’t know is the true depth of the evil that surrounds them and to what length that force will go to stop Ryder and Pauly from finding the truth.






                           Story Excerpt

"Hey, Ryder wait up. I want to talk to you."

Turning, Ryder was shocked to see Carver Jinx approaching him. "I can't speak with you, Mr. Jinx."

Carver got closer to Ryder's vehicle. "Why not? No one is here and can see us talking."

Pressing the toggle button, the double beep indicated his alarm was off and his door was unlocked. Opening his driver door, and feigning indifference, Ryder tossed in his briefcase, saying, "Mr. Carver, as the opposing counsel to your son's trial, as well as your own, it is unprofessional and against the rules for us to speak."

Ryder sat in the driver's seat and went to close his door, but Carver grabbed it, stopping him, "I want you to drop the charges on my case, Ryder."

"And people in hell want ice water, Mr. Jinx. Care for a cup of hot tea?" Ryder said sarcastically as he tried to close his door once again.

Carver's face contorted in anger and Ryder could see the veins starting to pop out of his neck, as he said, "Look, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. I can pay you to go away, or I can make your life a living hell. Let's just make this a win-win on both our sides and you drop the charges."

Never being able to curb his tongue, Ryder spat out, "Why the hell would I do that, Mr. Jinx? You raped a young man and left him for damn near dead. I have every intention of making sure you pay for that crime, and if I find other crimes I can charge you with, be sure to know, I will charge you with those as well. You see, Mr. Jinx, you might scare the shit out of others, but you do nothing but disgust me. Now back the hell off!"

"There is only you and I here, Mr. ADA. So I want you to listen closely to what I'm about to tell you. I won't be facing those charges any more than my son will be convicted of kidnapping, arson, or murder. Now I'm willing to pay you a bit for your trouble of coming all this way, or you can remain stubborn and who knows what can happen to you," Jinx hissed.

Ryder felt a zap of fear rush through his bloodstream. He knew what Jinx was capable of, he had heard stories from other attorneys in the human world. However, he was never one to show fear or give in to a bully, and that was exactly what Carver Jinx was to the world.

Taking a deep breath and pushing back his panic, Ryder snapped, "Are you threatening a member of the court, Mr. Jinx? Because I have to tell you, that isn't a smart move. Others may have caved to your threats, but I am not easily swayed. If you’re through with spitting shit, let go of my fucking door before I have you arrested for unlawful detainment, threatening a prosecuting attorney, and attempted bribery."

Jinx's eyes blazed with anger. "You are going to regret this course of action. I gave you a chance to save yourself."

Ryder could not just hear the threat, but feel it as well. The tone, look, and body language told Ryder that Jinx was completely serious and this was a promise not a threat.

Adult Excerpt

Ryder tried pulling as hard as he could but the fucking seat belt wouldn't budge. He just hoped that his mate had gotten far enough away. A bright flash distracted Ryder and then the seatbelt seemed to just melt. Ryder found himself being lifted high into the air.

"Ahhhh....Pauly have you lost your fucking mind! Let me go!" Ryder yelled as he wiggled. Looking down and seeing how far up he was, Ryder quickly changed his tune. "Don't you dare fucking let me go! Holy shit, Pauly! What are you doing? We need to get back on land!"

Pauly swung to the right and Ryder soon found his mate landing in the large barn for the livestock during the fair. It was dusty and had straw strewn along the dirt floor and some small bales of hay that must have been left over from the last state fair held in Crystal.

Stumbling on the ground, Ryder landed on his hands and knees. Before he could get up he quickly found his shoulders being pushed towards the earth as Pauly tore his pants enough to expose his ass, then growled, "My mate!"

Turning slightly Ryder drew in a sharp breath. Ryder could see his mate had partially shifted. His head was no longer shaped like an eagle, however, his arms still had some magenta feathers, as did his legs. It was his eyes that freaked Ryder out for a moment.

Seeing bright red flames flickering in the orbs was a bit scary, but also sexy as hell. "My mate! No one hurts my mate! My mate!" Pauly ground out again and again as he lightly rubbed Ryder’s ass, then pulled his cheeks apart and brought his tongue over his pucker.

"Ung! Oh fuck! Yes! Your mate!" Ryder cried out in pleasure. No one had ever eaten his ass before. He had heard of it done, but never had he felt something so delicious as his mate’s tongue sucking and fucking his hole.

Pauly pushed in a finger and the burn made Ryder hiss, causing Pauly to stop his movements, and Ryder heard the cutest whimper come from his mate. "Lube─pocket─" Ryder panted as he dug in and found the bottle he had shown Pauly earlier. Pauly didn't waste time tearing the top off the bottle and dipping his finger inside the bottle and then went back to eating Ryder's ass and sticking in a digit at the same time. "Oh fuck yeah! That feels so good," Ryder moaned.

Quickly one finger became two, and two became three as Pauly rasped, "Need...I need..."

"Take what you need, mate. I'm yours," Ryder panted.

About Cree

I was born in Fort Knox, Kentucky. I’m a military brat that traveled a bit overseas and throughout many parts of the United States. I finally settled in Las Cruces, New Mexico, where I eventually got married and then divorced. I was blessed with two fantastic sons. As they grew up and became young men chasing their dreams, I felt that maybe now was the time for me to do the same. That’s when I started writing. Never in a million years did I expect to meet the most wonderful man in the world, move to Quebec, Canada, and get married. However, that is exactly what happened. JP has introduced me to things like; canoeing, snowmobiling, four wheeling, and has taken me to some of the most beautiful locations. Ones that I had only ever seen on a computer or read about in books. I may miss my mountains and my boys, but have discovered that when you work towards your dreams, the future can be one filled with happiness and love. My boys are only a plane ride away, and Skype is a glorious thing. So I say, on to my next adventure…don’t be shocked to find it in one of my books.


Cree’s Social Media Links

Facebook Profile Page
Facebook Cree Storm Book Series Page
WIP Page
Goodreads
Twitter
Pinterest
E-mail
Website



About Maggie

Maggie has been married for nineteen years and has four children. She is a Long Island girl who now lives in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.
Maggie has always loved anything that has to do with the arts. Music is one of her biggest passions. She was a photographer in her earlier days and spends hours sketching anything that catches her eye. Maggie loves to write about big, strong, tough men who have a softer side.
Most of the time you can find Maggie running around with her kids, sketching, or sitting with her laptop creating new characters, as music always plays in the background.

Maggie’s Social Media Links

Facebook
Twitter
TSU
Website
Siren
Amazon
Goodreads

Where to Buy Links

BookStrand
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo
Apple
Google
Smashwords

In French

Amazon
CreateSpace
Smashwords



No comments:

Post a Comment